Chiropractic Adjustments Improve Mobility and Minimize the Degenerative ProcessMay 28, 2019
About HeadachesJuly 16, 2019
The title of this page probably seems really far-fetched. However, it may not be as far-fetched as you’re thinking.
There have been various studies conducted all over the world that weighed the consequences of sitting as opposed to actively smoking cigarettes every day and it was concluded that the former could potentially pose more serious threats.
A few credible research stations pointed out the following in conclusion to some of their researches.
“Sitting increased risk for diabetes, obesity and non-alcoholic fatty liver disease”.
– University of Missouri Research
“Those who sat four or more hours a day were more likely to have developed heart disease, diabetes or another chronic disease than those who sat less than four hours a day”.
– International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity, 2013
“Sitting is the new smoking”
– Ann Intern Med
“Sitting is responsible for 170,000 cases of cancer each year”
– American Journal of Epidemiology
Good posture has a lot of mental effects along with its long list of physical effects. Exhibiting good posture can say a lot about the person’s attention to detail and it seems easier on the eyes as well. People really underestimate how much effect good posture can have on your health and well-being. This is why folks rarely concern themselves with its importance on your health. You may be thinking, “How does this happen?”
Well, the most common reason behind having this high of a majority suffering from postural problems could be owed to our time on mobile, telephones and especially TV screens.
It doesn’t matter who you are, how old are you or where you’re coming from, bad posture through these activities is a danger that haunts us all.
Back in the old days, good posture was extremely critical if you wished to have a good reputation in the family. Mothers and grandfathers have been frowning upon the mere concept of bad posture for centuries. Family matriarchs often request the need for a better posture due to apparent slouching or difficulty walking up straight. Even though the physical appearance of a person is deeply affected, its absolutely nothing compared to the nightmare of effects this may or may not have on your health and well-being. A study conducted by the International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity helped us understand that folks that sit on a table for more than four hours a day are much more prone to heart diseases, diabetes and other types of chronic disease as compared to regular people.
There was another research that concluded that a forward slumped posture also meant an early death due to something called atherosclerosis.
Atherosclerosis has an effect on the arteries around the ton of plaques on the inner walls of the vessels. These conclusions can clearly describe that good posture can significantly improve your health. Mere pain is just a side effect of a wrong posture, the real grave side effects of your ailment are back and neck pain. A great part of the health problems with posture deal with internal problems referring to various organs in the body such as increased death rates due to atherosclerosis.
Now that we’ve addressed the problem, it’s time to propose the solution. Fortunately for our readers, the proposed solution isn’t some sort of drug plan or physician referral, it’s something completely natural called chiropractic care.
Chiropractic treatments are one of the only treatment plans in the world that do not pose any side effect to the patient.
There’s absolutely nothing that could go wrong as a result of the work chiropractors do to your body, there’s just the good stuff. Regular chiropractic adjustments can help improve the position of the spine and fix problems with your posture at the same time. It can get rid of any and all bone and joint pain you may be suffering from due to past injuries or misalignment. However, the best part is that if you feel that you may suffer from bad posture somewhere in the near future due to your sitting positions, then you could simply counter the problem before it even arises with the help of chiropractic care. This treatment plan is proactive and it is capable of fixing a lot of problems before they even have a chance to become one.
If you’re not happy with chiropractors, there are other ways to counter bad posture as well. We’ll go through some of them.
- The trick to have a good posture is to never slouch. This adds an insane amount of extra pressure to your spine which in turns ends up pressurizing bones, muscles and joints. Slouching will also effect internal organs by mushing them together. So, sit and walk straight if you wish to avoid half back problems.
- Another spectacular way of minimizing the stress on your neck is to limit your usage of mobile phones. Basically, the head is about 20 pounds of extra weight on your shoulders. But, when this weight is put at a certain angle, it could misalign the person’s shoulder structure significantly.
- Women should never use heels. Sure, they make you look insanely good, but in just a few months, constant moaning every time you move won’t exactly be the type of move that’s hot in the eyes of the guys. Heels put an enormous amount of strain on your backbone and lower pain and creates tension in these areas. Wear the heels for extended periods and they will change your posture.
- Naptime is also one of the times when its important to be in the right position. First, choose a good, hard mattress that can keep your body straight and holds your spine straight instead of a soft mattress that caves in.